This talk by William Hatcher on moral and spiritual development, makes a lot of sense to me, concerning this topic. Hopefully the links below should clarify this topic further.
We are the “generation of the half light” (Shoghi Effendi).
Unfortunately, not only average people, but average Bahá’ís, are very immature; gossip, trouble-making, criticism, seem easier than the putting into practice of love, constructive words and cooperation. It is one of the functions of the older and the more mature Bahá’ís, to help the weaker ones to iron out their difficulties and learn to really function and live like true believers! (Shoghi Effendi)
- Progressive revelation.
- Fault finding.
- Triumphing over our weaknesses.
- Dealing with imperfect people on the spiritual path.
- Encountering imperfect people.
- Facing your own imperfections.
- Six Prerequisites of spiritual growth.
- One day at a time.
- 1% solution.
- Moderation in all things.
- Human Nature
- Upcoming blog on darkness and light.